CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Clean House VS. Kids

Today has been a very productive day. I couldn't sleep, so I was up at 7:30am. This is major for me! I started some laundry, blogged, and even got ready. At this point I realized ALL 3 girls were still sound asleep. Could this really be happening? What do I do with my time? So I laid on my "made" bed and read. It was hard not to start organizing my pantry, or clipping my coupons. I never stop and thought I deserved some quiet time. The morning has been calm and Lexi is now at school. Both babes are napping...and this all means that my home will stay clean just a few hours longer. I was thinking how nice it is when it's all cleaned...but it's just a "house". The mess of toys and kids is what makes it a "home". I'm sure one day I'll wake up and miss the messes (one day a long time from now) so for now I will try to enjoy them. The two things I could go without though are laundry and the kitchen floor. These are on going battles of everday and never go away. But at least for now....the laundry is put away and only up to my knees instead of above my eyes :).
It will surely be a good day!
(Now if I could just get a Mountain Dew in my hands!)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Moments like those keep us going, right? They really emphasize the great part of parenting and home managing.

tammyandvincent said...

That long time turns into a short time. I never thought my children would grow up so fast. Enjoy the small moments.