CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BUSY week!

What a mess!
My 'homemaker' sidekick!

After
Before

*Will somebody PLEASE take the hair scissors away from me? Everytime I try to trim hair, I screw up...and it's always WAY shorter than planned. This time I got a chunk in the middle of Kam's hair like an inch shorter than the rest. At least this time I stopped right there and we will be getting it fixed this weekend by a 'professional'. :)
*Then I decided on a whim to can my food storage on Monday. Kim had the sealer over night and was kind enough to give me oxygen packs so I finally got about 250 pds of food out of my pantry and into cans! YIPEE!! Lexi and I did it while the girls were napping. Lexi really enjoyed playing in all the food and even ate raw wheat! I guess she WILL survive in an emergency! ha
* Tuesday I found out we already missed the SOCCER sign-ups and there has already been one game. But luckily the Wallace's (best soccer players ever!) had an opening on their team and we snuck right in, well not exactly...I had to pay a late fee of $35 on top of the sign-up fee. Come on people, they are FOUR year olds!! But she had her first practice last night and did well. She has a game this weekend, we are soo excited for her and she loves it already!
* I hit some big deals last night. I walked out of Albertsons paying $0.67 for 10 packs of PastaSides. This was a deal I fell upon, and it made my week! I then spent $0.71 on my next transacation, only because I had to throw a candybar in to make my total out of the negative. I had a couple more good transacations as well with my double coupons! I love sales because I get to go shopping with girlfriends late at night. Thank you Lara and Tammy!
*Mike and I have been wanting a shop-vac for a while. I just want it soo bad to clean my car out! Well our Sportsmans Warehouse is closing its doors and we fell upon one for $20! Yippee...so I scored! Now I get to finally clean my car out from our trip to St. George, its pretty bad!!
*The rest of the time we have just been cleaning and picking up the house because Grandma Sammy and Grandpa Rob are coming for the weekend. We are soo excited, we love to have company!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'll be over soon to use the shop vac.....:O) At least you can look back at a week of accomplishments. I am just waiting for it to be the last minute so I will be motivated to get it done, as usual.

The Porter's said...

Okay I'm totally jealous of all those cans! Talk about ambitious.