CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WALMART + SCREAMING BABY = BAD DAY

Okay, so here is my venting for today...usually Amber or Mike are the ones that get this, lucky you!
So I've been really needing to get to the store and keep putting it off. Finally today I go, yes with all three children! Shelby has been so sick and has now moved from the 'sleeping thru the sick' stage to 'crying all day long so mom can't get anything done' stage of being sick. She was acting fine so I put her in the carseat and loaded up for our venture to conquer WalMart. Shelby then cries most the way, I keep thinking she'll stop with the movement b/c I can't just turn around and go home. Well I stand at the deli counter for over 4 minutes. HELLO...stop talking to your friends and come attend to me, your customer with the screaming baby. Maybe she would have heard the service bell better if they had one. So this is the start of my quest, I have to finish and do so quickly. But then I discover that no one seems to work in the middle of the day on TUESDAY, because EVERYONE was at walmart. So I have Shelby in one arm, dragging the cart in the other. Kam is caged inside the cart with my groceries that are being sucked on and smashed and Lexi has been threatened with her life to stay behind the cart, holding to the bar. THis is how we toted around our train through the store. No one was helpful and seemed to love blocking any and all ways down the isle so we could not move anywhere. So I know that I have 3 children that I decided to bring to the store and that have worn my patience down to a zero, but come on! I'd hear people pass me "oh look at the cute little baby" and then Im sure they saw my angered face and went the other direction. Finally I get to a line to get the heck out of there...but wait, once again I have a poor judgement call and choose the WRONG checker. Okay kid, could you seriously scan ANY SLOWER!!! Do you really need to look at each and every product I bought? Whip those babies across and bag them. And if I had to watch him stop and move his hair out from his eyes one more time, I was gonna offer him a hair cut by ME personally and my razor! (and Mike will let you know how well those turn out!)
So during this llooonnggg process of checking out, I hear Lexi singing "turn that frown upside down and smile that frown away". okay, how cute. maybe I am being to hard on this guy. Minutes later: okay maybe not! So we finally get loaded in the burb and Shelby is crying again. Alright, I get to make a decision: sing primary songs with the girls or crank the radio. I chose the latter. great idea: turn music up loud, cant hear kids this way and I can release some anger. The whole time Lexi is yelling and crying in the back ground "I said I didn't like this song, I want the other song". If only we could all have our own way, good thing Im finally the mom.
Well there you have it...my vent fest! Thanks for listening. Now I'm going to try a Kelsie tactic and list some postive things about today (maybe it will make me feel better) :)

1. That I was able to have a sandwich for lunch today rather than mac-n-cheese. (thanks to my grocery trip)
2. That Kam still takes a nap.
3. Polly pockets (thats where lexi is right now)
4. That I have 3 beautiful little girls who are healthy.
5. My internet so I can blog
6. Im thankful that my husband has a job (so I can get these wonderful groceries that I enjoy shopping for so much)
7. That I was even able to walk around the store, thanks to my lovely fall I had Sunday.
8. Twilight, Im gonna go read it now since Shelby is finally sleeping

Thanks for reading, maybe my day will get better with a book!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW! Isn't being a Mom great??? :P Then again, isn't being a Mom great!!! :0)

The Porter's said...

Annikan you crack me up. I can just see Lexi singing away and you glaring at everyone around you. Hope your day is going better!

Heather said...

Okay, Annikan- a few things:
1. I am laughing only because I have been there.
2. Seriously, do they hire the slowest possible checkers ever at Walmart?
3. I am going to think of this story to make me smile when I am about to go crazy at Walmart.
4. The Twilight books rock!

Eric and Sierra said...

I love Lexi's comment, she's such a big girl now, is she in kindergarten? 4 kids is nuts how is 3 for you?

Dean Family said...

Oh Anni-
I am sorry about your day and I know my "DAY's" are coming soon!!! I am feeling anxious about #3 coming, but here we go!

Better luck next time-
Nic

Wiser Family said...

That's the Annikan I remember! I had a similar visit to the grocery store today except I only have one child! Have fun with Twilight... it is a good read.