CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My brother, Burnsy




I have been thinking of my brother a lot lately. I love this boy so much. When he was gone on his mission, I missed him like crazy. I looked forward to every letter, email, and phone call. Jeremy made me want to try harder at everything and be a better person. He was such an example to me on his mission and I am better because of him. Jer came home in May and I was so excited to spend some time with him and catch up. Amber,Jer, and I had a wonderful time that first week off his mission. The 3 of us drove to Bear Lake to meet family and stay the night. We had the best talk there and back. Jeremy offered a prayer with me and Amber that night as siblings. It was the most memorable prayer I've had in a long time. I got up with tears in my eyes and remember thinking "wow, he is so spiritual and in-tune, I need to be more like him". Jeremy and I had a chance to catch up for a few days when everyone else was at work. I was able to hear many of his mission stories and read his weekly journal of reports to the President. He helped me on some advice and we even played some Guitar Hero. (I found ONE thing I could finally beat him at, of course it didn't last long! :) Then the summer got busy: I had to go back home, he had to work, and I had a baby. He is getting married in a few weeks, so I'm sure things will get even more crazy busy after that. We are growing up so fast and our lives are changing. I sure love those moments of just us 3 kids together reminiscing, we don't get too much of that anymore. But I just want to say that I love my brother (and my sister) very much. And I want to be able to help him and be there for him when he needs me, just like he has done for me. I love you Jer!!

1 comments:

The Porter's said...

I got Jer's announcement today and was thinking how crazy it is that all the cousins are getting married.

Looks like you had a lot of fun rock climbing. I can't believe Kam tried it. Too cute.