CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shelby's 3rd Birthday







Shelby turned 3 in August!! She is getting to be such a big girl - and just in time so she can help with her new baby brother. Shelby's birthday fell on a Sunday - and I had to speak in church, so it was kind of a stress weekend. But we celebrated on Sunday evening before I had to go to a fireside. And then we had our friends the Kessinger's over after the fireside for extra cake we had.

We didn't get too many photos because the battery was dead on our camara. (I guess maybe there is a little bit of truth to the whole '3rd kid doesn't have pictures like the 1st kid does' saying). Mike has some pictures on his I-phone, but I have yet to figure that thing out.

Shelby wanted a PINK birthday - she she had a pink/yellow cake, pink table cloth, pink wrapping paper, pink decor and balloons, and so on. She also wanted Tangled - she she had Tangled plates and a Tangled cup (which she loves).


She got a new church outfit, some pj's, and some toys. Grandma Burns and Grandma Dean sent her some $. She loved having her own 'cash' because she's always seen her older sisters carry it around. She carried that money with the birthday cards for over a week.

G&G Tondini sent her some princess dress up and G&G Pete Pete sent her pink popcorn (this was another pink item she had been asking for).


Shelby got booted from her room for the baby nursery - but she was ok with it because she wants to give everything to her brother. We have her in our guest room while we are trying to figure out what arrangement to do with bedrooms.

Shelby talks so cute - something about the way she says things. She also has quiet the personality - she laughs so easily and always says 'sorry' and 'thanks'. She loves to jump on the trampoline and actually holds her own real well with the big girls. She always picks her own clothes out and is very opinionated about what to wear. She's good at putting away her clothes as well, thanks to watching her older sisters.

She always says 'I love...' or 'I hate...' and is very much so in love with her daddy. She talks about him all the time and always says "I love daddy" thru out the day. She calls Kamree 'Kams' and it's seriously the cutest thing. She has to be part of everything going on and wants to go anywhere that anyone else is. We can't leave the house without her freaking out cuz she wants to go.

She also mixes her alphabet and numbers in a song - it's so cute that I just can't bring myself to teach her the correct way yet. I need to get a video up soon of her singing it.

"A B C D H and 9...10 little ghosts go boo!" She also counts to 10 - ALWAYS skipping the number 5, she just can't seem to squeeze that number in there :)


Watching her grow up so quick and learning so many new things, it makes me sad she is already 3. I'm glad to be having another baby to fill her shoes in a way because our family just isn't complete yet. Our girls are so excited for their baby brother to come home and will be very good helpers. Shelby is already to be a little mama to him. I hope their connection they have already will continue thru their life.

0 comments: