Monday, November 29, 2010
Thanksgiving Break
*So much has happened in the last week. Mike, Kirk, and Brian were suppose to go to Lake Powell for a sailboat trip during the week of Thanksgiving - they were excited and prepped for it until we found out there was a winter storm coming across the west that would bring freezing temperatures. So plans got changed and Mike and I were going to go to Preston to do Thanksgiving with my family. I was excited Mike was coming so I wouldn't have to drive alone with three kids - aahh! But on Monday the storm hit and things became icy and yucky, so we went back and forth numerous times on whether to drive across the state or not. We finally decided to stay home and just go again in a couple of weeks when we can take Christmas gifts, see baby London's blessing, and go to SLC with the girls to see the lights.
*Tuesday I went to Lexi's school for her Thanksgiving Feast, it was alot of fun! Then we went to the store and stocked up on some goodies and food. Wednesday we cleaned the house so we could enjoy the rest of our break and veg.
We ended up going to Grandview for Thanksgiving since we were around. Some others didn't risk the roads either. We had a lot of fun with everyone. We were able to be up at the new house - the kitchen was Fabulous!! We had plenty of room to cook, clean, serve, eat, everything...it was great. Lori made her yummy rolls and Shelby sat by her and helped.
*Mike and I LOVE LOVE these caramel apples from Rocky Mountain at the outlet mall, so Mike thought we should try making them ourselves. They were a hit and just as yummy as the stores: we got about 11 apples for their price of 1!!! We dipped them in homemade caramel, then dipped in white chocolate, then sprinkled cinnamon on them.
*We also shot some guns while we were there. Lexi was all excited to do it, but she was soo cold and I think a bit scared, so she backed out. I try a few shots, I sucked...didn't hit any clay discs. I don't do so well at moving objects. The windchill was ridiculous...I can honestly say I've never had my hands be so cold - they were burning :(
*The rest of our break was fun too. We did some Black Friday shopping, ate out, made cookies, watched movies, and watched our BSU team loose (bummer deal). Ashley and I braved Walmart at midnight for Friday - it was Ashley's first time ever doing Black Friday. It was a rush - and I've never seen so many rude people in all my experience's with BF. We managed to get all we'd wanted - but Ashley said never again. I'm gonna have to get her to another store next year :)
Mike was up at 5am for me again - we wanted a recliner, turns out the sale was the day before - bummer deal! We also missed out on a computer we'd wanted.
*We had a good vacation lounging around. Lexi was back at school today, Mike was back to work. Now I need to get back to reality and clean house among other things on my list of to-do's!!! Hope everyone had a good holiday - we're looking forward to ChRisTmAs!!!!
Posted by Dean Family at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment