CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010



This year we started Halloween out on Friday with our Trunk-Or-Treat. It was a bit crazy - I went to the store to get some last minute stuff and ingredients for food to bring for the dinner. Lexi got home and I started the ball rolling for costumes, forgetting I had a big pot of Taco Soup brewing on the stove for about 40min :( Needless to say the bottom burned and I tried to save what I could. Kam decided before leaving she didn't want to be the cute cowgirl costume we'd planned so she decided on a ballerina and threw a huge fit cuz I pulled her hair in a cute bun. Shelby refused to put on and actual costume - so we dressed her in black and sprayed her hair and called her a witch. She didn't really love wearing the hat or any of the costume, but she's so darn cute anyway that it didn't matter :) All this happend with just me because Mike had to work late that night. So the rest of the night went fine - and Mike was able to make it for the last 15 minutes of so of the trunk - or- treat to see the girls. Of course I STILL don't have a camara so I have no pictures of the girls - my friend took some so I will try to get those from her this week.

Saturday we attempted Trick-or-treating with some friends. There was no one out so we piled in the van and drove over to a near by sub and hit some doors. It wasn't the most unsuccessful Halloween event we've had...but the girls came home having some candy and the experience and it was enough for me :) We were able to persuade Shelbs to dress in a costume so she could be warm (yes its her same one from last year, haha) I told her she could be sparkly and wear a sparkly coat - :) And Kam refused to let me do her hair this night, so that explains her hair in the above photos. (we borrowed the camara from work so we get get some snapshots the 2nd night).

Sunday night we handed out some candy - but not nearly as many knockers as we usually have. We shut down at 830 so we could get the kids down for bed.

I have decided that Trunk-or-treating is the best way to go and the rest is just exhausting. Maybe next year we'll just hit a bunch of trunk-or-treats and call it good :) I'm learning I don't love halloween as much as other holidays - haha
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra and Rob said...

They look so cute. I wish I could of been there. One of these years you will have to come to Preston for Halloween and we will have a party. You used to love this holiday what happened?

Heather said...

Cute costumes! So, you have to email me and tell me how you do this to your pictures. I know you told me, but I forgot. You do such a great job with your blog- now you just need to print it into a book! :)