CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Quilt





I first saw quilt like this about 2 yrs ago when my friend Lani had made one. I immediately fell in love with it. I've been wanting to make one for a while now, but I know how time consuming quilts can be. I finally found the perfect excuse to get one done.

One of my wonderful friends, Lara, is having her fourth baby and it's a BOY!!!! I thought it would be the perfect gift for her. Luckily Lani helped me out with how to get it done. I'll be honest, it was alot more work than I thought it would be. (I'm estimating about 8-9hrs total). But I know what I'm doing now and can speed a few of those areas up :) Also my machine is crappy and unthreads CONSTANTLY - it might also help to have enough thread on hand so I don't have to stop and run to the store for more in the middle of it :) haha
It turned out way cute and I love it!!

4 comments:

The Porter's said...

Oh my heck, that is so cute. It looks like a lot of work, no wonder it took you so long! Now that you are a pro you can teach me how to do it.

Chet and Lisa said...

My mom makes those! They are so cute, but so much work! Great job!

Wiser Family said...

So cute Ani! You are so crafty :)

Marco and Lara Roetto said...

I felt so loved when I opened your quilt! I LOVE IT and I have been showing it off to everyone! Thanks and sorry I'm so slow checking your blog.