CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 8, 2010

our "could have been really bad, but wasn't" story

We've really been enjoying our big screen...a little too much. I asked Lexi to fold the laundry yesterday while watching her movie. I come back in and the laundry is on the floor and she's like this in the hamper watching TV! crazy girl :)




Around NYE I felt the carpet was wet near my green wall , I just thought the girls had spilt their water and thought nothing more about it. Then about 4 days later, Mike says the carpet is wet in the same spot. Fear strikes me, realizing this can't be good...also this is at 9pm at night. We start investigating and decided it is right where the drain pipe from up stairs is at. Quiet alot of carpet is soaked at this point and I'm freaking out b/c I don't want to pay to recarpet the downstairs. As we're talking, I touch an old nail hole we'd patched and ta-da...a hole opens...wet sheetrock falls apart. In a way this was a blessing because then Mike only had to cut this little square (maybe 8X8) instead of starting at the floor and moving up 5 feet. We sucked out all the water from the carpet (at 11:00pm) and put a fan on it over night. By morning the pipe was patched, carpet dry, and all is well. THANK GOODNESS! so now we just need a little sheetrock to patch up our hole, and luckily I still have my wonderful green paint :)


bit of advice: when a nail doesn't go into your wall, don't force a screw...that's what we did 4 yrs ago when we moved in, so we took the screw out in June and hung some new pictures up... this then started the slow leak for 7 months!

0 comments: