CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

-getting back to normal-












We have had a fun and lazy vacation. I am definetly ready to get back to a schedule and normalcy. I bathed the kids today and did their hair...I think that's the first since Sunday. Bad, I know...but we haven't been doing anything and it's been nice. I took the girls sledding yesterday with Emily's family. The girls had a lot of fun in the snow. This is our first time in the 4+ years we have lived here.

I took Christmas down yesterday. I just needed to get the house cleaned up and furniture finalized. With the new TV, we needed to rearrange some things (it was about time for a change anyway, I can never keep it more than 3 months). Also Christmas gifts needed put away...now if I can find some time to get rid of old toys!

Shelby is going on 17 months and can walk but doesn't. She will take steps thru out the day here and there but still prefers to crawl everywhere. She throws these crazy tantrums when she's mad or frustrated...it's actually quiet entertaining. But watch out cause she swings her arms and literally throws herself down. She'll crawl a bit then throw herself, get up again, crawl some more, and then throw herself again. This goes on and on.
We love her soo much, the girls are really enjoying her lately as she is getting older. Shelby is really into toys lately. She must be into movies a bit too b/c in Primary on Sunday she sat and watched the video on her own chair . She's a cutie :)

Kamree is growing up soo fast. We (I guess Mike really) decided to take her pull-ups away at night (sometime before Christmas) and see what the results would be. She has not had one accident. This proves to me her stubborness...she probably could have done this a while ago, but she has to decide when. She even got up at 5:30 the other morning and went pee. Love this girl - she is soo fun.

Lexi is learning and getting smarter everyday! I love that she can read and write. I can't believe how much joy this brings us as parents. She loves to read everything and is doing sooo well. She likes to write notes to people with her own spelling and sounding out of words. I'm really loving this stage she is in. She is so helpful and enjoys playing with her sisters and doing dishes. She's my little pal :)

Church has been keeping us busy. Our time changes to 11:00am this year...we are very excited to sleep in. Maybe we wont all be so onry anymore (except for shelbs, it will be nap time). Primary is fun, I'm actually enjoying it. Kam gets to be a sunbeam this year, so I will have her and Lexi with me. Kam's class has 16 kids in it....it's going to be crazy for the first month! Mike is still teaching Sunday school twice a month...so he helps with Shelbs at church on days he is not teaching...we get to take Shelbs to nursery in Feb.!!

We are getting ready for NYE tonight...it's going to be lots of fun....filled with family, PIZZA, pop, and lots of junk :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I so wish you guys lived closer. It would be fun to go and play in the snow like the old days. :) Happy New Year!

P.S. Way to go on the turkey! I am super impressed.

The Porter's said...

Looks like the sledding was super fun!

Dean Family said...

Anni-
Thank you for the update on your family! I am so thankful for blogs and cell phones and even Facebook (which I rarely get on). Your family is adorable! I just have to tell you that Marilyn thinks the world of you and I do to!