Yesterday my day started out with Kamree backing up into my newly bought full length mirror, braking it. I carried it out to the trash, but it was busting everywhere and I had to be careful with the pieces. I then put the trash out on the street. (garbage day would be today)
The girls and I got back home after it was dark last night and my gate to the backyard had blown open with the wind. I was home alone b/c Mike had taken the sailboat out for an overnight trip. I didn't want the gate open all night, so I realized Monday was a holiday, so the garbage truck wouldn't be coming as usual, so I moved the gargbage can up to block the gate (mirror inside).
The wind blew like crazy last night, and I woke up this morning to the noise of the garbage truck...guess Monday wasn't a day off for them. So I run out to move the trash out again and the lid was blown back, mirror pieces all over the driveway and gate open again. So I pick up as many of the pieces as I can and see little blue pieces of plastic everywhere. I start looking around and realize it's the swimming pool (pictured above) from my back yard and it's now clear down the street. WHOOPS - and how the heck did THAT happen? Nothing else was moved.
This happened 2 yrs ago, same cheap pool...brakes and cracks. So last year we decided to try it again and we'd be real good and store it in the garage over winter. As you can see, that didn't happen, so here we are in the same predictiment we are every summer it seems. I hate the blow up ones b/c they take effort, can get holes, and become moldy. But maybe that would be better for me this next summer! :) haha
meanwhile - I probably need to go down the street and retrieve my 'garbage' ...then again maybe not. It's now down past the other entrance in a man's yard who's got dogs. You don't like garbage? I don't like barking dogs!
J/K...I will do the goodly neighbor/person thing and go get it. :)
hope you all enjoyed this long, lame, story...maybe you'd laugh more at the picture of me getting the pool. It will either be me walking while carrying a pool, shelbs and kam....or me somehow throwing it on top of my honda. which one? :) LOL



5 comments:
You crack me up Miss!
Sorry, I was logged in under trav's name!
It's good to know other people have "those" days too. You're so funny.
You are so funny!!!
I do not miss those winds! I know how you feel and it does sound funny to picture you dragging it back with the girls in hand. :) hehe
Post a Comment