CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

A little Journal writing









Who me? I thought I was suppose to EAT the ink stamps!






Grandma Sammy sent the girls ink stamps for Valentine's Day. Of Course Shelby got a hold of them, 17 month olds are great like that. I find her with a stamp in hand and ink all over the face...she did look quite adorable I must say. A little scrubbing and she looked clean, just in time to get into them again. They are put up now, only for the older girls :)



Shelby has been walking around this last week...FINALLY at 17 1/2 months. She was able about 1 1/2 months ago...but has had no desire. She has some curiosity finally and has been walking most the days around the house.


She has some liking to toothpaste - strange I know. She would always get in my bathroom drawer, take the toothpaste out, flip open the lid and suck on it. I'd take it from her and she'd scream and throw one of her infamous tantrums. Well the last week or two, she's been a very smart cookie...and is sneaking the toothpaste. I bought a twist top instead so she wouldn't be able to get into it, but some how she still finds the others around. One day she had went down the stairs (she finally mastered that this month too) and was at the bottom stair when I saw her - two toothpastes in hand and a HUGE grin across her face...she knew exactly what she was doing and she knew she'd been caught. Then the other day she was hiding between my bed and the laundry basket, I thought she was playing peek-a-boo. But when I got closer, yes toothpaste in hand, same grin. Why would anyone want to suck on toothpaste I don't know...yuck!


We are all loving Shelbs right now, she is such a crack up. The girls and her get along well and they can't wait to get her out of her crib everyday to play. She waves bye-bye at night for bedtime and loves to give kisses. They are usually slobbery wet kisses, but I can't pass them up!


Shelby has always loved her sleep and has never really fought anytime I put her to bed. The last month or longer I have decided to spend more time with her for a bedtime routine like we do the other girls. I hold her and read a few books and sing. She just lays there on my shoulder and I LOVE it...she is my cuddler and I don't ever want to lose that. So now I look forward to that moment when she lays on my shoulder and I just hold her, sometimes I even try to sneak it in with naps. Mike has been picking up on it, so he put her to bed last night and she fell asleep on his shoulder. This never happens, and I just have to think how precious she is. I love her age right now, she is such a bundle of joy, love, and smiles!

Shelby likes:

1. toothpaste

2. her sippy

3. her crib

4. doritos and chocolate

5. playing chase and peek-a-boo

6. NOT traveling

Kamree loves her little playmate Shelby. Kamree has always played well by herself. She likes to 'take care of' her baby sister. Telling her 'NO', giving her food, sharing with her, hugging, and carrying her. Kamree is getting soo big...she is 30lbs. I love to listen to her talk. She says the funniest things in the cutest voice. My favorite is when she's doing a trick of some sort and she says: "Mom, watch me!...are you watching?"

She loves to watch movies and TV...I really have to be careful and limit it b/c she'd just lay there all day and not move if I let her!

The things Kamree loves most are:

1. her blanky

2. her baby dolls

3. C.A.N.D.Y!!

4. drinks

5. movies

6. Liv - her cousin

7. music in the car

8. NOT boys

9. go in daddy's work truck

Lexi is kicking butt in school. She brought home her report card and they get 1,2, and 3's. She got all 3's and it's only the 2nd quarter. She loves school and her class and teacher. She is reading so well and loves it. We have started The Boxcar Children series and she doesn't ever want me to stop reading.


Lexi asked if we had any coins to take to school...her class is raising money to send to Haiti. She is so giving and sweet. We have one of those 5 gal water bottles we throw extra change into. We always said when it was filled up we'd take a family trip. She took that $ for school. Then told me she wants to fill it up and instead of taking a trip, we could give it to the children in Haiti. What a sweet little spirit this giving girl has. I love her soo much. She is so kind and caring to others. She is very thoughtful.

Lexi loves to:

1. read books

2. sip mom's mountain dew

3. FHE - her Book of Mormon - Samuel the Lamanite

4. school

5. playing outside

6. going to Target with mom

7. playing 'mad robot' with dad

8. making her own p&b sandwiches


We love our little girls soo much, they make us very happy. Yesterday morning the girls are laying by eachother whispering. I hear Lexi kiss Kam.

Kam said "What was that for?" and Lexi said "Because I love you." They are sweet girls!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sure you probably already know this, but the fluoride in toothpaste can be toxic to children if they ingest too much... Is it fluoridated? If not, good! If so, be careful!
She is sooo cute, by the way. I think she and Kenley need to have a little play date...

Dean Family said...

I loved this post! I feel all caught up on your beautiful girls! You are amazing Anni...keep up the good work, and I am so lucky to have you as a sista!

Sandra and Rob said...

Lexi you are a traitor for drinking your moms DEW its only PEPSI you like!!!!!!Remember......

Chet and Lisa said...

I love to read about your girls! I need to be better at journal writing! Maybe I will do that tomorrow! I can't believe how big the girls are, especially Shelby! She doesn't look like a baby anymore! We miss you guys!