CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

** sHeLbY's FIRST bIrThDaY!! **

here's pictures in reverse order:
Birthday girl!
Mckoy taking Shelby's new toy



The "finished" product





"Hey, that's MY cake"


The Cake


more of the cute b-day girl

Happy Birthday Shelby

Birthday morning pictures


We celebrated Shelby's 1st birthday this weekend! I took lots of pics because I'm determined to have photos of my 3rd child :)
It was a busy day of running around before Amber and Mom got into town for the weekend. We ended up spending like an hour and a half in Target, pushing off the birthday party...Target is so fun though. It's the first thing we did when they got here :)
So we got home around 6:30 and Shelby desperately needed a nap to be happy for the party. We had dinner late around 7ish and then I was hurrying to get the cake put together...I tried a butterfly cake, it was fun...but we ran out of purple frosting. Shelby is my first baby to really dive into her cake, I was sooo happy for this moment :)
Then after cleaning up and bath time, we remembered we forgot presents. I couldn't let her open them a day late...so around 9:00 we did gifts, though she wasn't interested much.
The other kids were though...isn't that funny how that works out? :)

Happy Birthday Shelbs...we love you soo much and love having you in our family!!

She makes us laugh and still crawls around funny. She loved riding in her new carseat this weekend, and so did all the other kids :)
She only says "da-da" all the time, it's a word for everything. We still are trying to figure the milk thing out, she's not taking to anyting too well. She sleeps soo well and loves to eat. She's a happy baby and loves attention...also loves to squeal.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe it's been a year already!! We were just hanging out in the hospital yesterday it seems! crazy! She's adorable!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! She really is so darn cute. I especially love the morning hair. :) It looked like a good birthday and I love the cake pictures.

Chet and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday little Shelby! I can't believe that she turned one and she is so dang cute! I'm impressed with your cake making skills Anni! I'm glad that you had a fun birthday! Love you guys!

tammyandvincent said...

Wow, a year old already. Time does fly by fast. Your family is so dang cute. You will need to buy lots of baseball bats to keep the boys away. I think you are such a wonderful mom. You must of learned some of those skills from me. Babysitting my kids paid off for you. LOL

Dean Family said...

Hey without the Dean Birthday list, I have a hard time remembering the exact day. I always remember the month they were born...so it is the thought that counts right?! Anyway, Happy Late Birthday Shelby. We love you so much...please come and see us this year o.k.