Shelby turned FOUR months old this week. It has been a long, crazy road. After four months of lots of crying and wondering what is going on with her...we find a solution. The doctor said she may be allergic to dairy. So me (being a lover of cheese) decided there was no way I could give up dairy...so I had to give up nursing :( It's funny how when they tell you that you can't do it anymore, you just want to do it more. So Wednesday we gave Shelby the 'special' formula the dr. gave us to try. SUCCESS! She doesn't cry and scream anymore. I am so glad for her AND our family because we don't have to be sad for her anymore. We are still quite busy, but just with a calmer baby that can be put down. It has been kinda nice. Besides the fact that the formula STINKS so incredibly bad. I'm serious!! Shelby stinks, I stink, everything smells of this nastiness. I'm hoping to find a different kind that will maybe not stink quite so bad. (I think it smells like dog food, Mike says it's like fertilizer, I'd have to say either one is real yucky) :) So besides having to stop nursing instantly, we are very content. We'll see how our holidays go with a 'calm' baby, 'potty-trained' toddler, and 'excited about christmas' four year old! We have some busy days planned but it should all be way fun!
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!



2 comments:
Hey lady! We're actually going to be going between Patyette & Boise from Weds until after New Years. I'm applying for RN jobs over there & if I get one it looks like we'll be lloking for homes to rent in your neck of the woods. Did you know the McConkies just moved in over by Tyler & Ginny?
call me or email me my dear: 208-244-2967, tiggerdavis@hotmail.com
Annikan and Mike! Hey guys. Haven't seen or talked to you guys forever. We are living in Arco now. Building a house in the snow and just working. We'll have to get to keep in touch. We miss our friends from school. (me especially) Hope things are going well for you guys. Sounds like your family is growing. They are darling girls. We still have two, Jonah (5) and Ava (3). They are full of it. Your blog is cute.
here's ours.
reynoldsrattlesnakeranch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment