CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lexi's first day of school!!



I took Lexi to school today to drop her off in her new FIRST GRADE classroom!! aahhh...is it really that time already? I'm old, she's old, time is going too fast.
She was sitting in her desk putting her supplies away when I did a big Mommy NO NO that I never saw coming....she had snot running down her nose and, well, I just couldn't leave her like that....so I got a tissue and just wiped it. I could still hear 'stuff' in the nose so I said "blow!". yes, I just was one of those moms that blew my childs nose...I think I embarrassed her, whoops! So when I was done I hugged her and kept saying "Do you need anything? need to go to the bathroom?" and she finally said "GO MOMMY" haha

So I think it is safe to say that she was excited to go to school today and is not too afraid! :)

A couple of nights ago she was crying and I checked on her and she said she was sad to leave me all day and didn't want us to be apart that long. It was really sweet and I comforted her - I think she has over heard me talking about being uneasy to send her away that long. I kept trying to take in the moment because I'm hoping she'll think that same way when she's 18!!
I'm still sitting here worried about her recess time, getting lost, eating her lunch, forgetting her lunch box and etc. I'm sure she is loving it though and I can't wait to see her in an hour!! :) The joys of parenthood...

2 comments:

The Porter's said...

That cracks me up! She looks so cute holding that little lunch box.

Chet and Lisa said...

Wow!!! I can't believe it! Taylee starts on Monday and I am not so excited, but I am going to try to hold it together until I get back into the car! Love you all!