Lexi told me she has an idea to make wings out of an old blanket, some material, and she could make them like Thumbelina and jump off and FLY! How could I break her happiness by telling her she coudn't REALLY fly?? so we made the WINGS with a blanket, some ribbon and pins. She jumped off my bed and the couches all morning...flying! This girl has quite the imagination and creativity!
Lexi was eating cheerios and kept saying it was hurting her mouth. I said "well quit biting your tongue". Then she said it was her tooth, like little seeds when she would chew. A lightbulb went off in my head and I looked, sure enough...her FIRST LOOSE TOOTH!!!! When I told her it was loose you should have seen the smile on her face...it was priceless! She has been waiting for this moment for a VERY long time. She thinks EVERYONE at school has lost a tooth except for her.
She then turns to me and says "mom, I don't know what to wear now that I have a loose tooth!" Yes, my little fashion freak, this is the first thing on her mind. Next is "I'm gonna tell everyone at school!!" And she did.
She is real happy about all of this. Me on the other hand, I'm a bit nervous. I don't really know why, but it is yet another first for us. She is a pansy sometimes, I know it will be real intersting when it comes time to pull it out! (we'll have to get video!) lol



3 comments:
She is so funny! It is a valid question- what do you wear with a loose tooth? ;) I am totally scared for Makenna to have a loose tooth. You never really know what to expect with any "first". Good luck!
Lexi...she cracks me up. Just feed her lots of apples! When it's ready it will fall out. :) no pain!
Anni-
It is so much fun when they loose their first tooth! Just watch out for their "good memories", because Braxton always reminds us how much money he has gotten with each tooth! Braxton is working on one of his front teeth, and wouldn't even let the Dentist touch it! He told me that I am a better tooth-puller than Dan...even though I prefer Dan to pull them.
Post a Comment