CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

*Cute new cushions*

BEFORE



AFTER







My latest project has been re-covering my cushions on my kitchen chairs. My great-uncle gave us his old table and chairs earlier this last summer. We were in need of a bigger table with our growing family and it has suited us just perfect! It has this awesome leaf that folds down and stores in the table.
I really liked the back of the chairs when I got them, they are different than anyother I have seen.
But the cushions just HAD to go. (can you see the fringe?)
So I found some cute material at Home Fabrics in Boise and finally went to work on it.
After making one cushion, I realized I had to be honest with myself: I would most likely not want to cover them again anytime soon, I would most likely never want to take them off to wash,
and they were going to get dirty no matter what I did. So I decided to cover the cushions with vinyl.
I think that once they've been spilt on 5 times in one day...I will be glad I did the vinyl!
With 3 little kids - we love wipe-able surfaces. I think it's going to work out just GREAT! :)

7 comments:

Chet and Lisa said...

I am so impressed! You are one talented lady!!! Love ya and miss you! By the way, that picture of Shelby is too cute for words!!!!

Sandra and Rob said...

Absolutley adorable. I love the color of the vinyl. I cant wait to come visit and see them..I miss you guys...

Ryan and Angie said...

Hey!!! I love them!!! They turned out really cute. And, where did you get the cute bed stuff at? THose are really cute too!

The Porter's said...

Great Job, Annikan! Now that you're a pro you can help me recover my chairs :D

Dean Family said...

Anni! I love your new covers! You are amazing, and you have inspired me to "learn" something new! I love crafty projects and use to do them all the time, but I have lost that part of myself somehow since Berlyn was born. Except for some adorable burp cloths I made for Brittnee's new baby, I haven't made or re-finished a project in a long time. I am inspired once again...Thank you!

Christine said...

Way to go! I badly need to cover my chairs too, but I guess I figure we need a new table worse! Vinyl is a great idea. Did you cover the fabric with vinyl or does the fabric you got have a vinyl side already?

Dean Family said...

many people have asked me about the fabric. it is canvas material covered with a clear piece of vinyl. sewing the back of the pad is a pain, but it looks cute!