Life has been crazy this last two weeks. Lexi started school and it's been busy. Lexi was so excited to learn what a 'weekend' means and wanted to go do something fun on Saturday...so we drove up to TableRock, I haven't been there since a freshman in college. The girls that it was soo awesome, and Lexi wasn't a bit scared of the cliffs...which of course made US scared! :)
Canning has begun!! It's been fun, but exhausting. I canned with Emily and her friend one day, then Ashley and I took two days and did our peaches, then my friend Rosie came over yesterday to learn. I started on my pears, but still have more to do. I squeezed in a few jars of tomatoes as well...my first by myself. I'm ready to be done...my house is trashed because of canning all week. So I'm taking a 'lazy' day today to catch up on laundry and some cleaning. Which is kinda easy b/c my suburban is having issues and wont start, so I don't have a car. The orchard knows me pretty well now since the guy had to jump me not once, but TWICE...two different times I was up there...I was embarrassed!
Catch up on the family:
Mike: has been going thru alot of changes at work, so he's been real busy. But things are going real well and blow-out season is going to come before we know it.
me: busy canning and being mom. I'm working on the primary program we have next month. it's taking alot of time, and can't wait to have it complete.
Lexi: has been emotional lately. I think school has worn her out. She loves riding the bus and her teacher and friends. She has always had to empty the dishwasher when asked, but I've been on a good schedule lately so she does it after school almost every day. Then I found out yesterday that she can take the trash out and she enjoyed it so she said 'mom, that can be my new chore!' well I was ALL over that!!! :) She's also learned to make her own toast...which is funny b/c she sits there with her ears plug waiting for the toast to POP up, and she jumps everytime.
Kamree: is being such a good girl. I think she's really needed this one on one time with me. She's needed to find her individuality and not always 'kam and lexi' as one. She has picked up on some funny words and says some really big ones. She keeps us laughing and is so comical.
Shelby: is getting real big! She's is standing up to things and walking along them all the time. The girls keep asking "when is she going to walk?" She is so funny and loves when we laugh at her. She knows how to communicate well know...its mainly thru screaming. A lady on the radio the other day screamed, then shelby screamed back. it's like this thru sacrament with other babies as well...hopefully she'll learn words in replacement to the screams soon! :)



2 comments:
I love hearing about your cute family! I really wish that we lived closer so that we could do more stuff together! We love you guys!
Free labor, well shoot send Kam my way!
Post a Comment