**Brag Notice**
Miss Shelby is ROCKING it at the potty! After having two kids already go thru potty training, I knew that Shelby would let us know when she was ready. Although she took a few months longer than our others, she has done FabUleSsLy!!
She started being interested and doing pretty good a few weeks ago. But we did a trip to Elko for a week and I was down a lot on the couch with this pregnancy - so I was lazy and would do diapers here and there. Then it hit me last week - how is she suppose to know when to pee and not pee if it's ok with a diaper on? So I went to only panties all day, and she did great.
So I braved it last friday and we were out all day with panties and NO accidents!! So we continued with Saturday - soccer game, 1hr car ride to Grandma and Grandpa's, hot dog roast with family...still no accidents! She even made it thru church on Sunday.
I'm soo proud of this girl - she's had no accidents in 5 days, and is going by herself. She's a cutie when she does it because she is so proud of herself. I love how grown up she is getting - she's becoming independent, but still likes to "hold me". We're very excited about having no diapers for a few months before the baby comes.
She is obviously still in diapers for bedtime, and we're working on the pooping. She's done it in the potty once, but other times are in her diaper at bedtime. We've also moved her to a 'big bed' so she can get up to go potty - but she rarely sleeps in it, she stills begs for her crib. :)
a few cute things Shelby says:
*"a self" - for doing potty herself. She wants to wipe herself and this is a frustrating battle.
*"helpy" - this is when she wants to help with something, or needs help with something. I will admit, Mike and I love it - so yes, we encourage it and say it ourselves because she's so cute.
*"I peed!" - this comes before AND after going potty. It scared us at first because we thought she already we her pants...but it was her way of saying she needed to go. She also says it after she goes to anyone who is around b/c she is so excited.
*"roni" - this is how she says pepperoni w/o saying pepper.
"I wanna hold you" - this is my favorite. when she wants us to hold her she asks to hold us.
I was real excited when I was showering and she came upstairs to my bathroom to get a stool and went back downstairs to go potty herself - also she was playing outside with Kam and came inside to make it to the potty. I'm telling ya, this girl is a star and I'm soo proud of her.



0 comments:
Post a Comment