CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

*Spring Break*

Heather's and my girls - no boys yet :(

Mckoy and Shelbs playing with Plastic eggs

Blowing out the egg yolks

Koy, Kam, and Shelbs eating a whole bag of Doritos!!


Dying Easter Eggs!


Singing American Idol!

Mckoy - Lexi - Kamree - Shelby: Easter egg hunt! Once Shelby dropped an egg and it cracked open, she discovered candy inside. After that she just wanted to open them instead of find more :)


Look at this snow out our condo back door!

Jadyn alseep on the table - Trey asleep on the floor - Cole asleep on the couch.
I think they were pretty worn out!

Brevin and Liv

******************************

We had a week long vacation b/c Lexi was out of school. It was a blast :)
The girls and I took off on Sunday after church. I thought this was a fabulous idea, since the girls would most likely zonk out....luckily this worked!! so the drive was not too bad.
We stopped in Aberdeen and my friend Heather's House and stayed the night. Heather is my old college roommate and is the one who introduced Mike and I. I love this girl and wish we could see eachother more often. Our 5 girls had a blast together and stayed up soo late. Heather and I stayed up til 2am!! We had a wonderful time and I wish we could do it more often. Thanks for letting us stay with you Heather and Travis!!
Then the next day we were off for Preston. We stayed there until Thursday. The girls had fun playing with their cousins, dying eggs, hunting for eggs, eating Doritos (the entire bag), and shopping (ok, they didn't really LOVE the shopping part). We played guitar hero and American Idol...which I LOVE by the way!! I think it's because I love to sing and really stink at it, so AI let's me really belt it out and have fun. [luckily there was no video of this:)] We sang 'Livin on a Prayer' soo many times :)
Amber even got us in to a pool at 10:30 at night with some of her friends. Lexi and I had a good time...Lexi thought it was awesome "girl time".
Wednesday we got hit with a snow storm...I got a bit worried about our 'warm' spring break and called Mike to check in. He said they decided against bringing the Sailboat to BearLake. So Thursday Mike and Kirk's family came and met us in BearLake. Mike's other brother Brian and his family came as well.
The ground was covered with snow the whole time, but we still had a fun time. The outdoor pool was heated and there was a big hot tub, so we enjoyed ourselves!!
We had yummy food... including these AMAZING stawberry shortcake cookies that Chalyce brought. We played games, did crafts, swam, talked, and watched conference. As you can tell in one of the photos, the kids managed to NAP as well. haha
We had a real fun and long vacation...but it was nice to be home after a week of being gone. It was hard to get back into the swing of things, but the weather is warming up and soccer is starting so we're are getting excited for upcoming events :)

2 comments:

Chet and Lisa said...

I'm glad that you had a great spring break! I just wish that you could have come here too! :( But, soon enough we will be having our girls weekend! I can't wait! Your girls are absolutely adorable (as always!)

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I bet you were exhausted by the time you got home. I am glad you got a little vacation- us moms need those every now and then. That was so fun to have you guys here- we will have to get together again soon!