CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"SEASON" of my life!

I'm so thankful for Relief Society! I am the Enrichment Leader in my ward and we had our Birthday dinner tonight and it went so well. It's funny how exhausted I was today running around to do last minute things and all the stress that builds up to each activity I plan, and yet it all went so well and smooth and I loved every minute of it! I come home on such a high of happiness and it is then that I say "I love my calling!" LOL
The theme was on the seasons of our lives and right now I fall into Summer with being a mom with young children at home. I'm so thankful for this season and love it so much, even though "I'm doing alot of watering and weeding" as a girl said tonight. :)
Another girl mentioned how she was thankful for the people leading up to her season in her life b/c they are who helped her to get where she is today.
So this made me think of how thankful I am to my OLD girlfriends from High School. I hardly see any of you anymore and do not get to talk to you as much as I'd like, but I love you all and think of you often. Everyone of you, you know who you are!! :) And college roommates too! I wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for Heather! I love you girl!!
And I'm so thankful for my sister-in-laws and family [my mom and sister would kick my butt if I forgot them :)]. They are such a strength to me and build me up in so many ways spiritually, emotionally, mentally, everything!! (except I'm gonna kick Nicole's butt PHYSICALLY if we don't see each other soon!)
Well now my enrichment activity is out of the way...I can move on to cleaning, quilting, couponing, and everything else that's been on the back burner!
Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad it went well sweety! Show me that quilt!! I'm proud of you!

Heather said...

What a great post! It made me miss you. Travis and I were just talking about the 12th street house and despite all of the drama (you know what I am talking about), we had such great times together and so many late night talks/support groups. Travis and I were just looking at pictures of that night we all went out and played snow games together. I am glad I was able to hook you and Mike up. Look how adorable your little family is. I am grateful our lives crossed 8 years ago. Thanks for the reminder that we need to work harder to get together. Maybe a summer trip? :)
P.S. Go girl on you calling! (That sounds like a lot of work to me.)

Chet and Lisa said...

Annikan, I'm so proud of you! That would be a really hard calling for me, but you are perfect for it. I really miss you too! I can't wait for you AND MIKE (hopefully:) to come and visit next month. Love ya tons!

Wiser Family said...

Good for you Annikan! I miss you too- I really hope this little get-together soon works out!