Here are some photos of Mack - I couldn't get them to upload with my last post:
Lexi and Baby brother
Koy was loving baby Mack - look how sweet his face is here :)
This tube down his nose is called a gavage - it went into his stomach, this is how they fed him when he wouldn't eat his bottle on his own.
We found he loves his tummy - it's also suppose to help with reflux
*Kam still sleeps with her bum up like this, cutest thing ever*
Morning going in to be induced - 39 weeks
C-section here we come!
Holding Mack for the first time - they put me on a gurny and rolled me thru the NICU...yep, I threw up right after
This was right after surgery - this is when he looked the worst - he only had this many tubes at one time for a short amount of hours
I think this is day 2...it all runs together
This was his first bed
2nd bed
here is the entry point for surgery - the surgeon is known for doing funny drawings on the bandages...Mack's was a football. He is going to be a tough guy and play football - donating time and money to a NICU :)
Kam's was so happy to hold her brother
Shelby in her proud moment :)
Mike's parents - Marilyn just had knee surgery the week before so it was a sacrifice to get her into the hospital to see the baby...but she did it :)
*I need to find and post more grandparent pictures here...*
My mom also came up for 10 days to help out. Rob drove her up and went back for work, he drove back up the next weekend to pick her up. Then they both came back AGAIN the next weekend to help some more. They definetly sacrificed alot and we appreciated the help. Mom was so helpful with laundry, cleaning, and running the girls around.
My sister Amber and her boy Mckoy also came up for a week. She was helpful to run the girls and me around...since I was unable to drive and get around still. She was lucky and had harvest break in her school district, so she gave up part of it to come up here to spend it with us.
My dad also was able to make it for the weekend to see Mack just before leaving for his new adventure to Africa. We will surely miss him - we are so glad Mack came before Dad had to leave. Also they'll be able to celebrate some birthdays together...Mack is the 17th and Dad is the 18th :)
Sisterly love at home
10 days old - and his 3rd bed
cuddling with daddy
So this is how he was in the womb :) - yep that was causing me lots of pain being breech and all, funny he still likes this position
feeding Mack
YAY!! were going home - day 18!!!....yes, he was excited :) haha
Carseat ride
DAY 20 - heading to the pediatritian
My sweet friend Lara had the girls the day we brought baby home.
They made this cute sign to Welcome Mack Home!
********
That's all the time I have for now. It's had finding time to type and upload pictures. We are adjusting to having FOUR children. We love our cuddle time with Mack, and the girls are being so helpful. He's pretty good at night feedings - I stay up til his last night feed 11 or midnight, then he wakes for a 3:30ish feeding and then again at 7 ish, just in time to finish and move onto getting Lexi up and at it for school.
I'm going alittle crazy being housebound - it's been about 2 months of this. I'm trying to enjoy it, but the lack of social-ness is killing me :) so I'm enjoy the phone calls when I can make them and have time and the visits from friends. We are doing well though - after going through this kind of experience you cherish things more and realize your many blessings. Baby Mack and our children are definetly our blessings in life!!



1 comments:
I didn't know Mack was born so close to your dad's birthday. How fun. Love all the pictures. Can't wait to see the little guy in real life.
Post a Comment