CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

No Leprechauns in this house!




Yesterday Mike had called to say he was coming home to change, that he was covered in sterilant (sp). When he got home, he was the color GREEN. I found it quite hilarious and fitting for it being St. Patty's day. I made him do a picture (as you can see he wasn't too thrilled) LOL. (He is going to kill me if he sees I blogged it.)

Lexi was excited to wear GREEN for school. She had on TWO green shirts, two necklaces, a green ring, a st. patty's day bow, and her GREEN ribbon medal from soccer. She was bummed she didn't have GREEN pants! :)

She said that Leprechauns had came to her classroom before her class had arrived. There was footprints everywhere and they were silly and turned their stuff upside down. Lexi thought it was so funny and couldn't stop laughing about it. She also said they 'shocked' people who didn't have green (it was more like a finger flick). She thought that was funny too.

So I thought it would be fun to do something similar here in our home. I started prepping the girls before bed "I wonder if any Leprechauns will come to our house? they are silly and like to play tricks" etc.... I thought it was a great idea. I'd have things turned upside down and chocolate coins everywhere.

But at 11:00 last night, Kam was still awake in bed. I laid by her and she started with the questions: "Mom, are those little green guys gonna come in our house? Will they get thru my window? Are they under my bed? Are they mean? Are they going to get me b/c I don't have green on?" etc...

Poor Kam was scared by 'little green people' coming into our home. I felt bad at this point. I let her sleep in our room and explained that they weren't REAL and it's all just pretend and for fun.
This all made me think how different our children can be. What is fun to one, maybe scary to another. But also how thankful I am to be a mother and the opportunity I have had to make my home a safe-haven for our children. That they feel safe and protected in our home. Even though sometimes that may mean we don't allow 'little green people' to enter our homes :) haha


1 comments:

Chet and Lisa said...

I love the picture of Mike!! He looks so happy! :) I love seeing your girls grow up. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you!