Wow - I have a lot of catching up to do. I can't believe it's already November! November first I heard Christmas commercials like crazy and stores had everything up - it is coming so fast.
We have done alot in the last month and I need to find some time to get it posted.
We are doing well. Mack is doing fine - we have had a ton of doctor appts, which have become very old. But I think we are finally over that hump. He should only need to see the pediatrician now for normal wellness checks/immunizations. He will still be meeting with the surgeon though through out his first year. But this is comforting to me because the lady is AMAZING and I feel relieved to know she still has a hand in things to help guide us.
In the last 5 weeks we have had 3 pediatrician appts, 1 surgeon appt, 1 ultrasound appt, and 2 OBGYN for me. I did manage to squeeze a hair appt in for me as well :)
Mack in the last week and 1/2 has came to a 'content' stage. He will just lay there and look around and be good. Shelby cried so much as a baby, and Mack was pretty fussy at first - so it's hard to remember what a 'content' stage is like. He eats every 3 hours and is getting better about taking naps. He is falling asleep pretty well on his own, it's keeping him asleep for more than 20 min or so that is tricky.
He is smiling at us some when we play with him. We've even heard a few coo's from him. We are getting so excited to have him laugh and play with us...maybe I wont feel so silly anymore :)
He does great at night - I can't complain. He sleeps real well the first part of the night. He falls asleep between 9 and 10p and will sleep til 4am ish.
So those of you who know us well know that I love my sleep - we've always slept in til about 9am. Lexi having to be up at 7:45am really put a damper on my schedule when she started school. Well now our whole house hold is up and going before 7:30 if not earlier! I don't know what has happened, but Shelby is always up by 7 and Kam and Lexi get up later. I'm usually feeding Mack and Mike is getting off for work. I don't know how I feel about the change - it's gonna be a damper when it's summertime. But I do love that the kids go down easy and fast for bed at 8pm. We don't hear a peep - so I guess it's a nice trade off.
Lexi is loving school still. She is trying out for some parts in her 2nd grade program. It is pretty much all she talks about - I hope she does well and gets the part she wants. She is also rocking it at piano. I'm very proud of her and glad she has talent there. Our lives are still crazy with a newborn so we're not as good at practicing piano or spelling words and what not as we should be, but Lexi still succeeds and does well. I'm so relieved. Last week I was stuck at the Dr's office for 2 hrs with nothing to do but think - it dawned on me that I hadn't gone over Lexi's spelling words even once with her. I didn't even know what they were, and it was her test that day! I felt horrible all day - but she still did fine. I vowed to be better from then on.
Kamree just had her 5th birthday!! She is so grown up and I love her to pieces. She is so sweet and giving. In the last year or so some switch has gone off with her and she is such a different little girl. She loves to get and give affection, she is so great with Shelby, and she sure loves baby Mack. Kam loves preschool and loves taking charge. One day she was telling me about one of the girls at school crying because she missed her mom. So I was telling Kam she could be her friend, sit by her, and play with her, etc. Kam said "but mom I'm there to learn, not play". I just laughed.
On her birthday she didn't understand why she didn't get to go to kindergarten now...she is so excited for school.
Kamree wants a pet so bad - she wants a puppy to cuddle and love. I'm against one right now in our lives, so we bought her a huge stuffed dog and a dog cake instead :) How kind of me, right? haha
Shelby is a cutie - and soo big. At 3yrs 2months old - she is at Kamree's height on her 4th bday! I'm pulling clothes out of Kam's closet for Shelby because all her 3T shirts and pants and too small and too short.
Shelby is my great little helper. We are good buds and I love the one on one time I get with her when the girls are at school. She is sweet and always says "thank you". Yesterday I said, "Thanks for being my good helper today" and she said "you're welcome mom!" ahh :) This girl always makes us laugh - I love to listen to her talk and tell stories, I find myself wishing I could video record her all the time. She loves her brother and calls him 'baby macky'. The one thing she loves most though is her daddy. She talks about him all the time and is ecstatic when he comes home. She also loves to take baths (like 2 a day).
Mike is busy at work - which is always a good thing. He is finished with blowouts - yay! We are busy enough to keep an employee on thru winter, this is fabulous! Things are going really well for him.
I'm doing well. We had my wonderful amazing fabulous friend Lara's birthday dinner last night. It was so great to get out with my girlfriends and catch up. I have been tied down with Mack - especially because we are not really suppose to take him out for cold/flu season. I've really missed my friends and can't wait til we can get together lots more.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
November already?
Posted by Dean Family at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment